Translate

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

To give us a good beginning

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

I'm going to review some books, tell you a little about what I'm reading and if I would recommend it, and about authors I like, the books they have written, and anything else I can think of. 

I know we all love to read and came to love reading in different ways. 

I loved when my mom would read picture books to us at bedtime, (yes mostly for the pictures) but there was always something so great about being read to. As I got older I started to love reading in general. Some of my favorite books were the American Girl books. Those really got me started on reading.

And I've never stopped. I love reading almost anything I can get my hands on.

After my Grandma passed away four years ago, my aunts and I were going through some of her stuff and we found some journals, inside they were filled with lists. She wrote the year at the top and then every book she read that year. Now I do the same thing, it's a lot of fun and it's my way of feeling connected to my Grandma.

Knowing that I have friends and family who also love to read is a great blessing.
My Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment