Translate

Thursday, August 29, 2013

All Wrapped Up

Entwined
by Heather Dixon

Is a wonderful retelling of The Twelve Dancing Princesses.

Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her . . . beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing . . . it's taken away. All of it.
The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation.
Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest.
But there is a cost.
The Keeper likes to keep things.
Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late. 
(Book summery taken from Goodreads.com)

I love fairytale retellings, I read so may of them! Entwined is amazing, Azalea is a fantastic heroine and a great big sister. all the characters in this book are well written and developed, in only one novel for this is a stand alone. This book was intriguing, sad, funny, mysterious and enchanting!

When I first got this from the Library I lost my place somewhere in the middle of the book, and didn't pick it up for a few days, when I finally found my place I had to return it to the Library. But I was so into it that I was reading it until I put it in the book drop off, and when I did I immediately ran (figuratively of course because I was in a Library) to see if they had another copy, and to my delight they did. So I was able to keep reading this book that captured my attention and took me to a world filled with magic and dancing.

Congratulations Heather Dixon on a wonderful first novel. I hope you continue to write because I can't wait to see what's next.

Review By Beatrice Sullivan.

Fantasy/Fariytale.

No comments:

Post a Comment