Translate

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I Don't Know German!

Ruby Red
Sapphire Blue
and Emerald Green
by Kerstin Gier.

Emerald Green is set to be released in English, October 8th (the day after my birthday, yay!) and let me tell you, it can't come soon enough!

Gwyneth Shepherd's sophisticated, beautiful cousin Charlotte has been prepared her entire life for traveling through time. But unexpectedly, it is Gwyneth, who in the middle of class takes a sudden spin to a different era! 
Gwyneth must now unearth the mystery of why her mother would lie about her birth date to ward off suspicion about her ability, brush up on her history, and work with Gideon--the time traveler from a similarly gifted family, and whose presence becomes, in time, less insufferable and more essential. Together, Gwyneth and Gideon journey through time to discover who, in the 18th century and in contemporary London, they can trust. 
(Summery of Ruby Red taken from Goodreads.com)

 I read both Ruby Red and Sapphire Blue in a single night each. They are amazingly captivating books, with great characters and a mysterious plot that will keep you reading until you're finished.

These books are amazing! I highly recommend them. When I first got Ruby Red from the library it was partly because of the cover.


I mean come on it's beautiful! But I didn't end up reading it before I had to take it back to the library. So the next time I was at the library I saw it again and still wanted to read it. After I read Ruby Red I couldn't believe how long it took me to pick this book up! It was wonderfully written, well thought out, and so much fun!

The only thing is, these books are originally written in German. Now that's fine and all, but I recently found out there is a Ruby Red movie, called Rubinrot; and guess what? It's in German! I don't speak German! And there aren't subtitles.

That is rather frustrating! But they are great books and I can't wait for Emerald Green!

No comments:

Post a Comment